Friday, August 29, 2008

Thursday, August 28

This was the fist night I didn't blog when I got home. I kept falling asleep at the computer!!!
1 AM). Now I'm up, and have had some coffee--so I'll try to reflect on yesterday! I had not purchased any Obama or Convention merchandise, so another Kansas Delegation friend and I went downtown and shopped! There weren't many meetings or symposiums yesterday. I've become a Denver "light rail" expert--too bad KC metro area can't work together to build something like it, that would serve areas farther south in the metro area. I talked to an attorney yesterday on the light rail who takes it to work everyday and he lives about a 30 minute drive away from Denver. While I was buying a sweatshirt at Walgreen's we ran into Kathleen Sebelius--she was purchasing sunscreen for Invesco Field. I have been wearing a Kansas for Obama button this week and everywhere I go people stop me and say, "We love your governor!"

An interesting side story: Everyone talks to everyone here no matter where you are--you just find yourself chatting to complete strangers! As I was walking down the street, I was talking to a woman and her son, and asked where they were from. When she said New Jersey, I told her my son and daughter-in-law had gone to Princeton. She replied that she was Anne-Marie Slaughter, the Dean of the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton!! Small world--and it's wonderful so many of them are Democrats!!!!!

Invesco Field:
We boarded buses at 2:00 PM and they took us to Invesco. Even as a delegate, we had to wait in line about an hour. I heard those with public tickets waited in lines 3 miles long for hours! Invesco was CRAZY. it seemed like Media and security outnumbered the delegates. The delegates were actually on the field, with the public in the rows above. It was VERY cramped and unlike the Pepsi center, difficult to get out to bathrooms and food! But again, the energy was electric!!!!!!!
Security:


































Media: They are always watching us so I watched them for a while!









Nancy and Kerry--this one's for you!!! LUKE RUSSERT!!!!!
The energy in the arena was electric!!! I still haven't had time to fully digest Obama's speech-I want to hear it again, being in the middle of it is fantastic, but also frenetic and draining!! It was truly an awe inspiring, and historic speech. One of the Kansas delegation, an African American man was in tears--as were many of us! What a night!!

Now as everyone has been saying--we have 9 short weeks to "roll up our sleeves and get to work!!!!!
OBAMA/BIDEN
2008

1 comment:

Eri said...

Hi! Keep writing!