Sunday, August 24, 2008

Interfaith Gathering & PARTY


After gettiing to my hotel (DoubleTree at Denver Tech Center) I left and navigated the light rail with a Connecticut delegate. We attended the Intrfaith Gathering--a celebration of spitual diversity. Sister Helen Prejean, author of Dead Man Walking, was a powerful and insprational speaker!! My Connecticut friend (Val) and I walked around downtown for a while, while dodging security SWAT teams, and anti-abortion speakers and large rental trucks plastered with pictures of Obama and bloody dead babies.

The wild party of the night was hosted by Friends of New Orleans which I attended with Val and 2000 of our new friends! I just got back from another party in our hotel with the North Carolina delegation. Barack Chalk!!! I'm up in the AM at 7:00 for the delegation breakfast!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Jan,

Looks like you're having a blast. We will watch for you on TV :)

I'm sending the link to your blog to my other Kansas friends that I know are at convention.

Kathy